Pages

9/27/11

Fall























I've never actually admitted that fall is my favorite season but I have discovered that when mid-to-late-September rolls around every year, I find myself lighthearted and excited about what is to come: pumpkins on front porches (and in lattes), the wearing of scarves, family gatherings, crunching leaves on the sidewalk, and chatting by the fireplace at my parents home.

This past week in particular I've been very excited about the new season. I will admit, however, that one might actually think it was spring the way I've been rearranging furniture, hauling loads of laundry, sweeping and figuring out what to get rid of. And while I do not come even close to being a seasonal decorator,  I do like to be festive in small ways. Today I hung my standard fall wreath (yes, it's fake) on the front door and my heart skipped a beat. What fun it will be to come home each day to a wreath greeting. Makes me feel cozy. Thank you fall.

1 comment:

janet gutierrez said...

love fall. your post makes me feel cozy and fall-ish!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...