Pages

12/29/11

Simple Asian Flavors

Yummy. I completely love the flavors of Asia and my husband completely loves soup. The other night we were craving an Asian noodle soup and I ended up putting something together that we both thoroughly enjoyed. In fact, I made it again tonight and thought I should write down how I made it so I could share. I hope you find it as easy and as tasty as we did!


Asian Noodle Soup
Serves 2-4

Ingredients
1 lb Ground Chicken
2 T Chopped Garlic
6 cups Chicken Stock
2 T Rice Vinegar
3 T Soy Sauce
1 t Fresh Ginger, grated
3 t Cilantro
2 T Fish Sauce
1 package Maifun Rice Stick Noodles (6 oz or so)
1 Green Onion, sliced
1 Lime (optional)

Make
In a large soup pot, brown the ground chicken with the chopped garlic on medium high heat. When chicken is cooked through, add the remaining ingredients in no particular order. I do recommend, however, that you follow the directions on the rice stick noodle package before adding them to the soup. My package instructed me to soak the noodles in cold water for 10 minutes before using. I soaked them and then added them to the pot to boil until soft.

Divide into bowls and if desired, squeeze lime juice over soup before serving. Enjoy!

1 comment:

janet gutierrez said...

this looks delicious! i think i'll try it one night this week.

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...